Halloween is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate than with some easy no bake halloween pumpkin pie dog treats! Remember that these are a treat so only give one per day! Don’t overfeed these to your pup!
1/4 fresh butternut pumpkin
1 cup quick oats (these are easier to digest as they’re already ground up)
1 tbsp 100% peanut butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
- Peel, seed and chop up the pumpkin into chunks
- Bring some water to a boil on the stovetop and drop the pumpkin into the water carefully. Let them cook in the boiling water for about 15 minutes or until soft just like you would potatoes.
- Pick up the pumpkin pieces with tongs and then put them in the food processor. Process your pumpkin as much as possible till it is a thick and creamy consistency. Allow to cool. It should make about 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin.
- Once cool, in a bowl add the 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin along with all the other ingredients and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Roll the mixture into bite sized balls.
- Serve and enjoy with your favourite halloween costume!